How do I uninstall the Zscaler App?
This article provides instructions for uninstalling the Zscaler App using the MSI installer file when a password is required to uninstall the app.
When configuring the Zscaler App profile, in the Logout Password (Optional) field, you can provide a password that users must enter to log out of the app, exit the app from the system tray, and uninstall the app.
The Zscaler App can also be uninstalled manually from individual computers. If a password has been configured in the app profile, the password must be entered to uninstall the Zscaler App.
See Uninstall the Zscaler App Manually from Individual Computers.
For instructions on how to uninstall the Zscaler App from your users' devices when a password has been configured with the MST file, choose one of the following options:
Uninstall the Zscaler App Manually from Individual Computers
For instructions on how to uninstall the Zscaler App manually from individual computers, see below:
- Navigate to the Zscaler folder on the device.
- Open the ZSAInstaller folder, and then click the uninstall application to uninstall the Zscaler App.
Run the MSI File with a Command Line Option
To uninstall the Zscaler App from your user's device, open the device's command prompt. Then run the MSI file with command line option msiexec /x <complete_path> /quiet UNINSTALLPASSWORD=<logout_password>
- Replace <complete_path> with the complete path of the MSI installer. For example, C:\Users\User\Downloads\Zscaler-windows-1.1.0.000213-installer.msi
- Note that "/quiet" specifies uninstalling the Zscaler App in silent mode.
- Replace <logout_password> with the password that is configured in the Zscaler App profile. In this example, the organization's password is safemarch123.
Remove the MST File from the GPO
Complete the following steps to uninstall the MST file from your users' devices in an AD environment:
- Right-click the GPO Policy and click Edit.
- Go to User Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software installation. Right-click the MST file and click All Tasks.
- Click Remove to uninstall the Zscaler App.
NOTE: If you have first entered the uninstall password with a MST file and deployed it when deploying the Zscaler App in an Active Directory (AD) environment, ensure that the password is the same as the password configured in the Zscaler App profile.
To learn how to enter an uninstall password, see Enter the uninstall password for uninstalling the Zscaler App with the MST in How do I deploy the MSI Installer Package to install the Zscaler App?