How do I exclude locations in user-related reports?
You can create user-related widgets in the dashboard and reports or when analyzing charts in Analytics > Web Insights. For example, you can create a report to view and export a list of users who browse the web the most.
By default, user-related widgets include locations and users. You can exclude locations by creating new or editing existing widgets and using the Exclude Location filter. This filter applies to all user-related widgets except for widgets in the default Security and Email Overview dashboards. It also applies to the Executive Report and all standard, user-related reports in Interactive Reports, except for reports in the Email Activity category.
- Select Web in the Widget Settings dialog.
- Select User as a data type to view from the Data Type menu.
- To apply the filter, expand Add Filter and choose User.
In the Analytics > Web Insights, Analytics > Mobile Insights, Analytics > Firewall Insights, or Analytics > DNS Insights pages, do the following:
- Select User as a data type to view from the menu above the chart.
- Expand Add Filter and choose User from the menu on the left pane.
To create a user report that excludes location, you copy a standard report, and then edit it. Admins can edit custom reports only. Standard reports cannot be edited. Admins with the default super admin role can edit any custom report; all other administrators can edit their own reports only. To edit a report, do the following:
- Go to Analytics > Interactive Reports.
- Select a standard report from a folder and click Copy Report. The report below includes locations and users.