How do I configure firewall policies?
Perform the following tasks to configure firewall policies:
- Configure the resources that the policies will reference:
- Users, groups, departments and locations to which the firewall policies will apply.
- Time Intervals
- Optionally, source and destination IP address groups.
- The firewall provides predefined network services. You can modify network services to edit services, add custom services, and create groups.
- The firewall provides predefined network applications. You can create network application groups as well.
- Define the rules for each policy:
- By default, the Zscaler service "listens to" port 80 for HTTP traffic, port 443 for HTTPS traffic, port 53 for DNS traffic, and port 21 for FTP traffic. If your organization uses other ports or additional ports for HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, or FTP traffic, you can configure the service to use custom ports for these services.
- Enable the firewall per location.