How do I configure network applications and groups?
Network applications for firewall policies are applications defined based on Layer 7 information. The service provides predefined applications. You can group network applications, but you cannot edit the predefined applications or add new ones.
NOTE: To facilitate rule creation for Microsoft Office365 apps, there is a predefined Office365 application group. To view or edit the applications in the group, go to Administration > Resources > Network Applications > Application Groups tab.
To group together applications that you want to control in a firewall rule, create a network applications group:
- Go to Administration > Resources > Network Applications.
- In the Application Groups tab, click Add.
- Enter a Name for the application group. It can include any character and spaces.
- Click the down arrow beside Applications.
- Choose any number of applications that you want to include in the group, and then click Done.
- Optionally, enter additional notes or information. The description cannot exceed 10,240 characters.
- Click Save and activate the change.