How do I manage groups?
Groups are used in policies. You can control access to apps based on user groups. For example, you can define groups and policies based on the apps that users are allowed to access. You can create a facebook-users group and a twitter-users group, define a policy that allows access to facebook and apply it to the facebook-users group, and define another policy that allows access to twitter and apply it to the twitter-users group. Users can belong to one or both groups, depending on their business needs. A user can belong to up to 128 groups.
Zscaler provides a number of ways to provision user accounts, groups and departments as described in Choosing Provisioning and Authentication Methods. You can also add groups when you configure policies. This article describes how to manage groups in the User Management page of the admin portal.
From the User management page of the admin portal, you can do the following:
Add individual groups
To add a new group:
- Navigate to Administration > Authentication > User Management > Groups tab.
- Click Add and do the following:
- Enter the Group name.
- Optionally, enter Comments. Comments cannot exceed 10240 characters.
- Click Save.
- Repeat the procedure for each new group, and then activate your changes.
Do the following:
A. Prepare the CSV File
Download the sample CSV file and add your group information to ensure that the format of your entries is correct. To download the sample CSV file and use it as a template:
- Click Import .
- Click Sample Import CSV file.
- Save the CSV file and add your user information.
B. Import the CSV File
To import a CSV file:
- Navigate to Administration > User Management.
- Click Import.
- Click Choose File, navigate to the CSV file you want to import and click Import.
The service displays the import results. If it failed to import certain records, the service includes these details in the results.
To download a CSV file that lists all groups:
- Navigate to Administration > User Management > Groups tab.
- Click Download.
NOTE: You cannot import the downloaded file because it uses a different format. The file that you import must be in the same format as the sample CSV file provided when you click Sample Import CSV file.