Viewing Email Logs
The Zscaler service provides real-time log consolidation across the globe, so you can view every email transaction to or from your organization. Email Insights provides three types of logs for tracking email traffic:
- Logs lists the transaction logs associated with each email message.
- The Messages log lists all messages within the specified period, including quarantined messages.
- The Quarantine log lists only those messages that are in quarantine. You can view and manage the quarantined messages from the Quarantine log.
The Email Insights window displays the logs or messages on the right pane. It lists up to 100 logs or messages at a time. Scroll down to the bottom of the window and click LOAD MORE to view the next group of up to 100 transactions.
To learn more about the email logs, expand a topic below.
Filtering and Finding Transactions
You can narrow down the list of transactions by doing the following on the left pane:
- Choose a predefined time frame or use the calendar and time menus to define your own time frame. Note that you can set the time by hour, minutes, and seconds, if you need a more granular time frame.
- Apply filters to narrow down the data or to search for specific messages or logs. See Using Email Log Filters.
After you set a filter, click Apply Filters to list the filtered transactions
Exporting to CSV
Click Export to CSV to export the data to a CSV file immediately. The service exports only the columns that are visible. It exports up to 100,000 lines of data at a time. You can continue to use the service while the export is in progress.
Customizing the Logs
You can customize the logs as follows:
- Click to list the available fields for display. Tick a box to add a column or clear it to remove a column. Alternatively, click Select all or Deselect all to display or remove all columns.
- Drag a column to another location.
- Resize a column by positioning the cursor on its border and dragging it to the desired width.
The settings are stored as a web cookie on your computer. They are retained as long as the cookie is not deleted.
Viewing Message History
You can track email through its various delivery stages.
- Click beside a message to view more information about and to track a message's history. See Viewing Email Details for more information.
- Click beside a message to drop it from quarantine or click beside a message to release it.
The following table lists the fields that you can display in the Transactions, Messages, and Quarantine log.