How do I enable the firewall for locations?
Before Enabling the Firewall
- Ensure you have configured the resources that the policies will reference:
- Users, groups, departments and locations to which the firewall policies will apply.
- Time Intervals
- Optionally, source and destination IP address groups.
- The firewall provides predefined network services. You can modify network services to edit services, add custom services, and create groups.
- The firewall provides predefined network applications. You can create network application groups as well.
- Ensure you have defined the rules for each policy as applicable:
- If your organization uses other ports or additional ports for HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, or FTP traffic, ensure you have configured the service to use custom ports for these services.
Enabling the Firewall for a Location
To enable the firewall for a location:
- Go to Administration > Resources > Location.
- Click Edit beside the location.
- Click Save and activate the change.