How do I deploy the Zscaler certificate to Mozilla Firefox browsers?
To deploy the Zscaler root certificate to the Mozilla browsers of your users, you can do the following:
- Import the certificate into the browser of a user.
The Firefox profile includes the cert8.db file, which contains all security certificates installed on the browser. Installing the Zscaler root certificate in the browser, automatically updates the cert8.db file with the newly installed certificate.
- Then copy the cert.db into the users' Firefox profiles to automatically install the Zscaler root certificate. This can be automated using Active Directory GPO.
To import the Zscaler root certificate, open the browser and do the following:
- Click the gear icon and click Options > Advanced.
- In the Certificates tab, click View Certificates.
This imported certificate is automatically stored in “Mozilla/Firefox/Profile/xxxxx.default/cert8.db”
To copy the cert.db into a user's Firefox profiles:
- In Microsoft Windows, the Cert8.db file is in the “Application data” folder, which is hidden by default. Open the Run prompt ( press the Windows key + R ) and type %appdata%.