Zscaler App 1.2.1 for Windows and Mac OS X: Release Notes
Release Date: February 21, 2017
Zscaler App 1.2.1 includes the following enhancements and fixes:
- You now have the option to install your organization’s custom certificate on user devices in order to allow SSL inspection of traffic forwarded by the Zscaler App. Previously, only the Zscaler certificate could be used to allow SSL inspection of Zscaler App traffic. Once you upload the custom certificate in the Zscaler App Portal and allow SSL certificate installation in the App Profile, the certificate is automatically installed on user devices when you install the App. If users are already enrolled, the certificate is automatically installed when the App is updated to version 1.2.1.
- The default forwarding mode for forwarding profiles in the Zscaler App Portal is now Tunnel with Local Proxy for all network types (On Trusted Network, VPN Trusted Network, and Off Trusted Network). Previously, the default forwarding mode was Tunnel mode.
- For the ZPA service, users who have to reauthenticate because of their reauthentication policy can now do so in the Private Access window of the Zscaler App. Users do not have to log out of the App in order to reauthenticate.
- When manually syncing directory groups between the Zscaler admin portal and the Zscaler App Portal, admins can now see when when the sync is complete. Once admins click the Sync Groups button, the button remains gray and only turns back to blue when the sync is complete.
- Fixes an issue where Zscaler App users on Windows joining a domain network encountered connectivity issues for ZPA due to the adapter becoming temporarily disabled.
- Fixes an issue due to which organizations using Windows NTLM authentication for internal domains encountered connection issues with the Zscaler App even when appropriate exceptions were included in the App Profile PAC file to allow traffic to bypass the Zscaler App and go directly to internal domains.
- Fixes an issue where the the Zscaler App crashed on Windows due to unhandled exceptions.
- Fixes an issue on Windows due to which the Zscaler App did not install silently and required user intervention even with the HIDEAPPUIONLAUNCH installer option enabled.
- Fixes an issue due to which administrators encountered errors accessing device details on the Dashboard page in the Zscaler App Portal.
- Fixes an issue due to which users could not access certain internal applications.
- Fixes an issue due to which users on Windows 8 could not launch the Zscaler App with the Zscaler App icon on their desktops.